Dr Sharon Stay is Northside Sports Medicine’s Sports Physician. Sports Physicians are Specialist Medical Consultants who specialise in injuries and illness in athletes (both recreational and professional). Dr. Stay has extensive experience with both professional and senior athletes as a Specialist Medical Consultant.
Some of her highlights include:
· Qld Firebirds Netball - 2015-2019
· Netball Australia - Team Doctor U21's
· Venue Medical Officer - Netball World Cup in Sydney 2015
· Chief Medical Officer - Fast5 International Netball Tournament Melbourne 2016, 2017
· Wallaroos Team Doctor 2013-2017
· Super Rugby - Red's U20's (2014/15)
· Match Day Medical Officer and Concussion Doctor for Reds Rugby (Suncorp) 2015-2019
· Concussion Doctor for Wallabies Tests at Suncorp (2016)
· Team Doctor - NRC Brisbane City 2014, 2015
· Qld Cricket Doctor - Brisbane Heat WBBL, Konica Minolta Queensland Fire 2014-2017
· Match Doctor for Brisbane Heat and QLD Bulls 2015, 2016
· Toured with Australia A in Quad series against India A, South Africa A, NPS 2016
· Toured with Southern Stars 2017
Dr. Stay has also been involved with Athletics, Triathlon and Soccer and Water Polo. She enjoys working with athletes of all ages and from all sporting backgrounds - elite or recreational. kids, adolescents and adults.
“I pride myself on excellent diagnostic skills and making a management plan that works for each patient - from elite athletes through to weekend warriors.”
Dr. Stay will be available for appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments can be made through reception on 3350 2595.
**A GP referral is not required to book an appointment with Dr. Stay.
***Medicare rebates are available for appointments with Dr. Stay.